"How to Apply"
Western Indiana Community Foundation Scholarships
- The WICF scholarship application
MUST be completed ONLINE.
WICF utilizes one common application for all scholarships.
What the application includes and requires
1. General information regarding applicant including contact information, education, awards, activities, community service and employment;
2. Letters of recommendations — These are requested and submitted online through the application;
[ request requires an email address for each recommender
3. Transcript(s) — requested online through the application;
4. Financial information — may be required. Information is collected through a third party vendor (National Center for College Costs) through the College Cost Estimator online form to ensure confidentiality.
[ see College Costs Estimator instructions
Western Indiana Community Foundation Application Deadlines
The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship Application is due
August 26, 2016.
All other scholarship applications will open
January 01, 2017
and will be due March 01, 2017
Applicants can check the deadline for each scholarship they save to their “My Applications” list online. Each online scholarship becomes valid only when completed in its entirety and by clicking “Submit” by the scholarship deadline.
NEW USERS: Applicants can access the scholarship application by clicking on the scholarship “Apply Here” page. By clicking on the scholarship link under the name, it will take you to a new webpage through SmarterSelect. The first time you will be prompted to set up an account with a user name and password before you are directed to the scholarship application.
RETURNING USERS: If you are a returning user you will have to login to ScholarSelect with your user name and password. Once you have started an application you may save it and return to it later.
The application process is designed to simplify and save students time by filling out personal and education information only once.
You must click on each scholarship and complete a few pre-qualifying questions, and click “Submit” by the due date in order for that scholarship to be considered.
Questions about Western Indiana Community Foundation scholarships or the application process should be directed to Kim Eaton, at 765-793-0702 or email@example.com